- Fixed bugs in NEDQueryPlot.py, MStarEvolution.py example scripts.
- Fixed bug when handling HIERARCH keywords (thanks to Stefano). This also fixes bug when handling headers made by astrometry.net (I believe).
- Added TopHatPassband class to astSED.
- Changed so that PIL only imported in the couple of routines it is needed by (and got rid of annoying warning message when PIL not installed).
- Fixed the occasional rounding error appearing in astPlot axis labelling.
- Improved default y-axis scaling for astSED plotting function. Added SED integrate function.
- Added astCalc.dVcdz() - calculates volume element for given cosmology and redshift.
- Some updates in the astSED module to work with changes in scipy 0.7.x interpolation routines.
- Fixed astImages.scaleImage() to work with CRDELTi keywords (thanks to Ben Keller for this).
- Some code has been added towards fitting SEDs in the astSED module - this code is not fully tested yet (astSED.fitSEDDict()).
- Fixed bug in contour overlays so should now work on any image with any valid WCS that WCSTools understands.
- Speeded up contour overlay generation significantly - can select a "high accuracy" mode that is similar to the old method.
- Fixed bug when parsing FITS headers with extra long header cards (as can be found in e.g. headers of some Chandra images). Previously, these would cause the coordinate conversion routines to fail.
- Added cross and diamond plot symbols to ImagePlot.
- Added scale bar to ImagePlot.
- Changes such as adding plot objects or contour overlays in ImagePlot now cause the plot to be redrawn - i.e. calling ImagePlot.draw after such changes is no longer necessary.
- Rewritten coordinate axes labelling in ImagePlot - should now be much more robust, and automatically choose sensible tick steps. If it doesn't, it can now be overridden using the RATickSteps, decTickSteps parameters. Dropped option for minor tick marks for now.
- Added clipUsingRADecCoords, resampleToTanProjection to astImages module.
- Fixed bug in astCoords conversion from decimal to dms/hms: previously, sometimes seconds in dms/hms could equal 60.00 instead of 00.00.
- Added the astSED module.
- Fixed bug in astImages.clipImageSectionWCS, where if returnWCS = False, didn't return data.
- Added NUMPY_MODE to astWCS and enabled it by default (i.e., WCS pixel coordinates are now zero indexed).
- Tidied up astImages clipping routines - now return dictionaries with keys 'data', 'wcs' (instead of 'clippedData', 'clippedWCS' as previously). Also, clipping routines can now clip rectangles if given a list in format [width, height].
- Removed astPlots finderChart, contourOverlayChart macros and replaced them with a new ImagePlot class. This has a much better, simpler but more flexible interface with several new features (e.g. overplotting objects with RA, dec. coords).
- Now raising exceptions rather than printing error messages and exiting when things go wrong.
- Added several new miscellaneous functions across the modules.
- Added new example scripts.
- Added a warning about potential locale problems for locales where decimal point separator is not '.'.